6. December 2021
Recipe: Sweet potato scones with walnuts
For 8 pieces | Preparation: 20min. | Cooking: 30min. | Baking: 18min. | Per piece approx. 155kcal
170 g sweet potatoes
90 g ground almonds
50 g buckwheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp cinnamon powder
1⁄2 tsp ground ginger
1 egg (M)
1⁄2 tsp maple syrup
40 g chopped walnut kernels
1. preheat the oven to 180°. Wash the sweet potatoes, cut them in half lengthwise, place them cut-side down on a baking sheet and cook in the oven (middle) for 20-30 minutes until tender.
2. Let the sweet potato halves cool down, remove the skin and mash them. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
3. Mix the almonds with buckwheat flour, baking powder, 1 pinch sea salt, cinnamon powder and ginger in a bowl. In a second bowl, mix the mashed sweet potatoes with the egg and maple syrup until smooth.
4. Add the almond mixture to the sweet potato mixture and stir to combine. Set aside about a quarter of the walnuts for decoration. Mix the remaining walnuts into the dough.
5. Preheat the oven again to 180°. Divide the dough into eight equal pieces. Shape the dough pieces into round scones with your hands and place them on the baking tray, spacing them slightly apart.
6. Garnish the scones with the walnuts and bake in the oven (center) for 15-18 minutes until golden brown. Remove the tray from the oven and let the scones cool on it. Stored in an airtight container, they will stay moist for 2-3 days.
Enjoy baking them yourself.